- Airlie Beach
- Shute Harbour
- Hideaway Bay
- Laguna Quays
- Conway Beach
- Find your local
- What's On
- Real Estate
Whitsunday Rivers Improvement Trust EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Whitsunday Rivers Improvement Trust (“WRIT”) is seeking expressions of interest from a suitably qualified person to undertake the following duties:
• Assist the Trust to develop a 5 year maintenance plan for the Trust’s assets and in-stream management plan for streams within the WRIT area of responsibility.
• Engagement of maintenance contractors.
• Monitor the performance of contractors engaged in maintenance of assets or in-stream maintenance and report to the Trust.
• Respond in the first instance to any queries from landholders regarding possible damage to Trust assets and requests for assistance or guidance.
• Liaise with various State Departments as required.
• Inspect trust assets subsequent to flood events as directed by the Chairperson.
• Assist the Trust’s Engineer with inspections of Trust assets post any acute flooding event and as directed by the Chairperson.
• Assist the Trust in the delivery of any emergent works subsequent to a flood event.
• Regularly inspect the quality and progress of capital works and report to the Trust.
• Liaise with the Trust’s Engineer as required.
• Attend Trust meetings and deliver a report on any current activities.
• Other various activities as directed by the Chairperson.
It is preferable that the applicant has previous experience in riverine works and has a sound knowledge of the local terrain and roadways throughout the region. The position is a part time position. The successful applicant will be paid a retainer and then on an hourly basis for any works considered above the specified duties as agreed upon at appointment.
The applicant must possess a current motor vehicle licence and also has access to a suitable four wheel drive vehicle for their own use in performing their duties. The successful applicant will also be required to provide details of their professional indemnity insurance, motor vehicle insurance and work cover details.
If you are interested in this position please forward before the 30th June 2017 your Resume and relevant details to: The Secretary Whitsunday Rivers Improvement Trust P O Box 1341 Proserpine Q 4800